Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Martian Movie Review



The Martian is a movie about an astronaut, Mark Watney (Matt Daemon, also stars in Elysium). He is sent out to mars to see if it is possible to live on mars. When one night a sandstorm (very unlikely because mars has no atmosphere) comes up and they all are evacuating mars but while in the struggle Mark gets hit will a piece of debris and the team loses connection to his radio. He then has to survive on the planet and has to ration his food to last I think it was about 100 days. He then decides that won't work so he starts to grow his own potatoes. Then the potatoes grow and he can eat them and regrow. He says "They say once you grow crops somewhere, you have officially colonized it, so technically, I colonized mars. In your face Neil Armstrong!" And if you don’t know who Neil Armstrong is, you’re pretty dumb. He was the first man on the moon. He also has a quote. "One small step for man, one giant step for mankind." Which is a stupid quote I find, but I shouldn't say that to anyone. If I was on mars by myself I would go crazy because I couldn’t talk to someone or hear someone else’s voice. I couldn’t live with myself, but Matt Daemon the trooper and stud that he is somehow pulled through. Mark Whatney finds a way to communicate with NASA and leaves a message for the rover that he dug up. Now I have seen this movie in the past but its such a good movie I could watch it multiple times and not get bored. The movie first caught my attention when it was first released because its about a guy going to mars, and I don’t mean to make this sound cheesy but every kid has that urge to want to walk on a different planet. I know if I was given the chance to go to space I would but only if I could come back and be with my family again. And if I wasn’t by myself the whole time. I think it would also be really boring but I’m sure they would have you working all the time doing work like finding a way to live on that planet that would be really cool if you could live on a different planet such as mars or the moon. It would also be really cool to be the guy that survived on mars, if I had that name I would cherish it and if I see a random person in public be like hey I was on mars, just kidding. That would probably be the biggest jerk move. From watching The Martian again I would give it a 9/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment